IN THIS EPISODE BRYCE COVERS:
- Why relationships are important in life and work
- Before you start to work on relationships with others you’ve got to look inside yourself
- The difference between introverts and extroverts
- The best books to help you work on your personal and work relationships
- This episode covers relationships with humans, your relationship with spirituality will be covered in a later episode.
- This episode also covers more than just romantic and personal relationships.
- Relationships and understanding them is important because relationships are everywhere, for example when doing real estate there are so many relationships with all the different people in the process - pre sale and post sale.
- We need to work on relationships if you want to be in the world as they’re a very important part of life.
- We’re all born instinctively to need relationships although they can be very easy to take for granted, especially the one with our spouse.
- Bryce and his wife went to a relationship retreat and he was surprised to find that they spent 80% time working on the relationship with themselves.
- He learned that childhood will shape your relationships of the future - everyone has childhood experiences which shape our journey.
- The things we project onto other people are usually things we don’t like about ourselves.
- Self analysis is important and the relationship that needs the most work is the one with ourselves.
- We need to work through our own stuff and dig deep, so that we can provide value to others.
- Don’t compete against others, only compete against yourself.
- Introverts and extroverts; Extroverts get their energy from working and interacting with other people, whereas introverts recharge from being alone.
- You can’t fix people the same way you’d want to be fixed; you’ve got to treat them how they work rather than how you work.
- This is explained perfectly in the book ‘Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus’, that everyone has either masculine and feminine energy which creates different needs to be met.
- The second recommended book is ‘His needs, her needs’ which is a bit on the darker side and bit of a reality check talking about the worst cases that could happen.
- The third recommended book is ‘The 5 Love Languages’ which is the key to finding out what people want.
DISCUSSED DURING SHOW:
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus: The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex - John Gray https://www.amazon.com/Men-Mars-Women-Venus-Understanding/dp/0060574216
- His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage - Willard F. Jr. Harley https://www.amazon.com/His-Needs-Her-Building-Affair-Proof/dp/0800719387
- The Five Love Languages - Gary Chapman https://www.5lovelanguages.com/
- 7 Ways to Be Her Hero: The One Your Wife Has Been Waiting For - Doug Fields https://www.amazon.com/Ways-Be-Her-Hero-Waiting/dp/0849920566
FREEDOM HACK RADIO LINKS:
- Freedom Hack Radio Website: https://www.freedomhackradio.com/
- Freedom Hack Radio YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSo5jy_kZWtB0NJK38Mdo4w?view_as=subscriber
- Freedom Hack Radio iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/freedom-hack-radio/id1511789247
- Also available on your favorite podcast platform